Considering our program?
Prospective students need to meet the university requirements as well as the ones for our program (listed below).
The minimum requirements for admission into the Master of Science in Engineering Management are:
- Completed Graduate Application and fee ($30).
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of “B” average in the upper-level (the last 60 credit hours). An applicant whose GPA does not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be considered for conditional admission.
- Official transcripts of each previously attended university (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope sealed by the degree granting institution.
- If an official transcript is not in English, the applicant must obtain two sets of transcripts: one to be submitted to FIU in the original language and the other to be translated by an official translation agency (or certified translator).
- Three letters of recommendation from employers, faculty or professional associates.
- Statement of purpose: A well-written statement describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing the Master of Science in Engineering Management degree at Florida International University
- Resume: A current resume is required, which may include education, professional training, internship, and employment history (full time and part time employment).
The application for admission into the Master of Science in Engineering Management (regular program) and all related documents should be sent to:
Florida International University
College of Engineering and Computing
10555 West Flagler Street, EC 2430
Attn: Graduate Admissions, Dean’s Office
Miami, FL 33174-1630, USA
Students will be informed of the final admission decision when the Graduate School and the Faculty Committee of the academic department have reviewed your file.
To claim in-state tuition, you must fill out and submit The Florida Residency Declaration For Tuition Purposes
As a prerequisite to registration, Florida International University requires all students born after December 31, 1956 to present documented proof of immunity to some diseases. Apply just for International Students coming to the United States to attend the program. Click on “Immunizations” link to obtain more information.
In addition to meeting all the admission requirements of FIU and the academic program, international students must obtain a student visa to attend classes in the United States.
Apply early! Submit your application and supporting documents by the Priority Consideration deadline dates.
You may take classes as a non-degree seeking student while you apply for admission. Up to 12 credits (four classes) may be applied to your degree if you’re accepted into the program.