The Engineering Management Department regularly receives employment opportunities from companies around the country. Please click on the links below for current internship/fellowship/employment opportunities:
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe, and P&O Cruises in Australia. The Revenue Management Analyst will assess sailing performance and revenue metrics at the micro-market level to determine optimal price points and inventory allocations to maximize revenue growth and total occupancy. The Analyst position provides the opportunity to monitor and evaluate market trends in order to understand the value of Carnival’s cruise products from consumers’ perceptions and accurately align pricing programs, placement and availability within each market segment. • Responsible for all pricing and inventory decisions for their specific CCL product portfolio to drive net ticket revenue. Formulate and implement optimal pricing and inventory strategies by utilizing a combination of analytics, experience, and best practices.
• Analyzing the impact on booking demand due to changes in the competitive landscape (i.e., ship deployment, pricing and strategy). Conducts Internal and external competitor price analysis for awareness of current pricing and market trends
• Determine and establish tactical strategies to optimize revenue and total occupancy at the market level and various booking channels (e.g. groups, opaque, etc...).
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Sailing Support and Reservations to ensure optimal pricing and inventory controls are adhered to.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics/Finance/Marketing preferred
• Revenue Management or related analytical experience preferred.
• Sound understanding of revenue management concepts and principles.
• Solid analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and handle changing priorities with high level of quality.
• Strong MS Office knowledge with a focus in Excel. Proficiency in analytical tools and Tableau.
If you are interesting in this position, please send your resume to HTavana@carnival.com
Or you can search for On-Campus Employment opportunities on FIU Human Resources System.